Bredemarket helps identity (biometric/secure document), technology, and other companies craft the words to communicate with technical and non-technical audiences. Think of me as the “town crier” who helps you to get your message out—but without the bell, the loud voice, or the special costume.
Examples of what Bredemarket can do for your firm:
- Blog posts.
- Case studies.
- Data sheets.
- Facebook posts.
- Newsletter articles.
- Emails to mailing lists.
- LinkedIn articles and posts.
- Product and service brochures.
- Product feature comparisons.
- Proposal services (managing, writing, editing, other).
- Process creation (simple processes).
- Social media checkups.
- Thought pieces.
- Web page checkups.
- White papers.
And that’s just a sampling of the different things that I’ve written over the years.
So how did I end up writing? I’ve been writing for pay (and for free) since my college days, when I held several positions with the Reed College Quest, the college newspaper. Just about every position I’ve held has involved some form of written communication, and I’ve also written personal blogs and other content on the side. Last summer, after I announced that I had become a free agent (a/k/a I had been laid off), people began approaching me with writing needs, and I started writing for others. If you’d like to know the full story, see the “Who I Am” section of the Bredemarket website.
Now you probably won’t want me to write for your college newspaper. But there are more appropriate written pieces that I can create for your firm. Here are some examples of what Bredemarket has done for other firms:
- Analyzed website/social media for identity firm. The firm already knew that its website was dated—some of the pages hadn’t been updated in years. I provided an independent assessment of the site and its associated social media, including 19 pages and 5 downloadable documents, and provided recommendations for improvement.
- Ghostwrote standard proposal text for a product in three market segments for identity firm. The firm needed tools for its account managers to use in early contacts with potential clients. My standard proposal text addressed the needs of the specific market segment, and then described how the firm’s products and services could address those needs. It included various options that the account manager could include or remove depending upon the needs of the client, and incorporated fields to easily customize the client name and other variables. The firm has been using this proposal text since December 2020, and as of February 2021 I updated the text to reflect additional needs of the firm.
“I just wanted to truly say thank you for putting these templates together. I worked on this…last week and it was extremely simple to use and I thought really provided a professional advantage and tool to give the customer….TRULY THANK YOU!”Comment from one of the client’s employees who used the standard proposal text
- Ghostwrote white paper text for technology firm. The firm needed a piece that explained how the features of a particular software platform could benefit business customers, and how the firm’s expertise in this particular software platform made it the preferred choice to help business customers implement these features. Using reference materials from the firm, the software platform provider, and my own research, I developed the text for a white paper that addressed the firm’s needs. A redacted excerpt from the white paper can be viewed below.
- Ghostwrote blog text for identity and technology firms. I have written short pieces to promote the products and services of various firms.
For more detailed (anonymized) discussions of what I have done for other firms, please see the “past illustrations” series of posts in the Bredemarket blog.
So HOW does Bredemarket do these things? I seek to work with you in a collaborative process in which you are involved in key touchpoints, but you don’t have to manage or monitor the entire process. After all, if you had the time to manage and monitor everything, you’d have the time to create the content yourself—and you probably DON’T have the time, which is why you are turning to me. Yet I will need your input at key points in the process, to make sure that the final written piece meets your goals and reflects your message
For more details on the process, take a look at the descriptions of each of our offerings. You’ll see that Bredemarket recommends a process for content creation. It’s a simple process, but it’s still a process, the goal of which is to work with the client to provide the best possible text that meets the client’s goals.
(multiple checks on web pages and social media accounts)
(new text of approximately 400 to 600 words)
(edit of client text of approximately 400 to 600 words)
(new text of approximately 2800 to 3200 words)
(edit of client text of approximately 2800 to 3200 words)
(new text for longer projects)
If you have a special need, please contact us.