This post is a follow-up to a prior post. In that post, I looked at the different ways in which I described Bredemarket’s content creation process, compared that to other content creation processes, and decided what I would like to include in Bredemarket’s new content creation process.
But I didn’t actually publish my new content creation process in that post, because I wanted to think about it. Oh, and there was another reason. (Hint: 4.5X.)
Well, I’ve slept on it, thought about it, wrote it, and rewrote it.
So let’s see the (probably not) final result. It’s longer than I’d like, but at least it’s (hopefully) thorough. And yes, I left out “accelerate,” but I included just about everything else.
Now that I’ve posted it here, I’ll roll it out to the rest of the Bredemarket website.
Bredemarket’s content creation process as of August 4, 2021
Bredemarket’s content creation process ensures that the final written content (a) advances your GOAL, (b) communicates your BENEFITS, and (c) speaks to your TARGET AUDIENCE. It is both iterative and collaborative.
Here is the general content creation process (which may vary depending upon content complexity and your preferences):
- You and Bredemarket agree upon the topic, goal, benefits, and target audience (and, if necessary, outline, section sub-goals, relevant examples, and relevant key words/hashtags, and interim and final due dates).
- For complex content requiring input and approval of multiple subject matter experts, you and Bredemarket agree on a preliminary list of tasks, assigned persons, and due dates.
- For content that must be incorporated into your content management system, you and Bredemarket agree on the necessary format and other parameters. Otherwise, the final copy will be provided in Microsoft Word docx format, including (as appropriate) callout indicators, hyperlinks, key words, and/or hashtags.
- For projects requiring multiple related pieces of content, you and Bredemarket agree upon the desired frequency of content.
- You provide relevant technical details (and, for selected longer content, access to the end customer for a 30 minute interview).
- Bredemarket conducts any necessary research (or interviews).
- Bredemarket iteratively provides the specified number of review copies of the draft content within the specified number of days per review. (The number of review cycles and review time must agree with any due dates.) The draft content advances your goal, communicates your benefits, and speaks to your target audience in your preferred tone of voice. Relevant examples and key words/hashtags are included.
- You return comments on each review copy within the specified number of days. For longer content, you may provide the draft formatted copy for the final review.
- After all reviews and comments, Bredemarket provides the final copy.