When looking at U.S. state implementations of mobile driver’s licenses, there are various gradations of these implementations.
- Some states have only performed pilots.
- Some states have implemented production versions of mobile driver’s license, but their acceptance is limited and you still have to carry your physical driver’s license with you.
- I don’t think any state has reached the level where the mDL is acceptable for ALL state purposes, and you DON’T have to carry your physical license with you any more.
- NO state has reached the level where the mDL is acceptable for state AND federal purposes (such as boarding planes). That is still in process.
This post looks at what is going on in one state, what may happen in the future, and what resistance the state may (or may not) meet from its own residents.
Subscribe to get access
Subscribe to Bredemarket Premium to access this premium content.
- Subscriptions just $5 per month.
- Access Bredemarket’s expertise without spending hundreds or thousands of dollars.